- Brand name: Cronivir
- Active Ingredients(Generic Name) : Entecavir
- Company Name: Hetero
- Package: 30 Tablets/ Bottle
- Strength : 0.5mg
Cronivir (Entecavir) is used to treat long-term hepatitis B infection. Hepatitis B is an infection of the liver caused by the hepatitis B virus. Long-term infection can cause liver damage, rarely liver cancer, and liver failure. Cronivir (Entecavir) helps to decrease the amount of hepatitis B virus in your body. It is unknown if this medication lowers your chance of getting liver cancer or liver damage. Cronivir (Entecavir) is an antiviral that belongs to a class of drugs known as hepatitis B virus nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors.
Mechanism of action:
Cronivir (Entecavir) is mainly used to treat chronic hepatitis B infection in adults and children 2 years and older with active viral replication and evidence of active disease. It is also used to prevent HBV re-infection after liver transplant and to treat HIV patients infected with HBV. Cronivir (Entecavir) is weakly active against HIV, however it is not recommended for use in HIV-HBV co-infected patients without a fully suppressive anti-HIV regimen as it may select for resistance to lamivudine and emtricitabine in HIV.
Dosage and Administration:
- Take Cronivir (Entecavir) on an empty stomach, at least 2 hours after a meal and at least 2 hours before the next meal.
- Cronivir (Entecavir) works best if it is taken at the same time each day.
- Continue to take Cronivir (Entecavir) even if you feel well. Do not miss any doses.
- If you miss a dose of Cronivir (Entecavir), take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Side effects: Dizziness; headache; nausea; tiredness
An overdose Cronivir (Entecavir) Unlikely to threaten life, call an emergency room or a poison control center for advice if you suspect that a very large dose of Cronivir (Entecavir) has been ingested. There are no restrictions on food, beverages, or activities while taking Cronivir (Entecavir) otherwise directed by your physician.
Store: Room temperature, between 68 and 77 degrees F (20 and 25 degrees C)