Uses of Epsolin Tablet:
How to use Epsolin Tablet:
- Epsolin 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of seizures and trigeminal neuralgia
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Epsolin 100mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
How Epsolin Tablet works:
Epsolin 100mg tablet is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain
- Central Nervous System: Night blindness, in coordination, slurred speech, decreased coordination, mental confusion, dizziness, sleeplessness and tremor.
- Gastrointestinal: Nausea, vomiting, constipation, toxic hepatitis, and liver damage.
- Blood: Decrease in white blood cells and platelets.
- Skin: Skin damage, rash and itching.
Dosage & When it is to be taken (Indications)
-Dosage & when it is to be taken (Indications): Adult: PO- Initial: 3-4 mg/kg/day as single dose or in divided doses. Maintenance: 200-500 mg/day.
-IV- As adjunct with a : 10-15 mg/kg. Maintenance: 100 mg 6-8 hourly