What is Heptavir?
Heptavir Tablet is used for HIV infection, Hepatitis b virus infection and other conditions. Heptavir Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.
Heptavir Tablet contains Lamivudine as an active ingredient.
Heptavir Tablet works by increasing the number of infection fighting cells in the body.
Heptavir Tablet Uses
Heptavir Tablet is used for the treatment, control, prevention, & improvement of the following diseases, conditions and symptoms:
Hepatitis b virus infection
Heptavir Tablet may also be used for purposes not listed here.
Heptavir Tablet - Side-effects :
The following is a list of possible side-effects that may occur from all constituting ingredients of Heptavir Tablet. This is not a comprehensive list. These side-effects are possible, but do not always occur. Some of the side-effects may be rare but serious. Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following side-effects, especially if they do not go away.\
- Runny nose
- Hair loss
Heptavir Tablet may also cause side-effects not listed here.
Heptavir Tablet - Precautions & How to Use :
Before using Heptavir Tablet, inform your doctor about your current list of medications, over the counter products (e.g. vitamins, herbal supplements, etc.), allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery, etc.). Some health conditions may make you more susceptible to the side-effects of the drug. Take as directed by your doctor or follow the direction printed on the product insert. Dosage is based on your condition. Tell your doctor if your condition persists or worsens. Important counselling points are listed below.
- Discontinue use if rapid increase in aminotransferase levels, progressive hepatomegaly, or metabolic or lactic acidosis of unknown origin
- Have diabetes and renal impairment
- Signs of change in the distribution of fat, erosion of bones, or inflammation of pancreas
- Symptoms like pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling
- Taken medications for AIDS or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia, or antibiotics for infection