What is Kombiglyze XR used for?
KOMBIGLYZE XR is a prescription medicine that contains saxagliptin and metformin hydrochloride. KOMBIGLYZE XR is used with diet and exercise to help control high blood sugar (hyperglycemia) in adults with type 2 diabetes
Kombiglyze XR dosing
- Usual dose: 1 tablet orally once a day with the evening meal
- Maximum dose: saxagliptin 5 mg-metformin 2000 mg orally once a day
- Maximum dose with concomitant strong CYP450 3A4/5 inhibitors: saxagliptin 2.5-metformin 1000 mg orally once a day
- Patients not currently treated with metformin: Initial dose saxagliptin 5 mg-metformin 500 mg orally once daily
- Patients currently treated with metformin: Initial dose: saxagliptin 5 mg plus the dose of metformin that is already being taken, or the nearest therapeutically appropriate dose
What are the side effects of Kombiglyze XR?
Common side effects of KOMBIGLYZE XR include: Upper respiratory tract infection. Stuffy or runny nose and sore throat. Urinary tract infection. Headache. Diarrhea. Nausea and vomiting.