- Drug Solutions
- Melphalan 5 mg
- 5 mg Boxes
- Store it in the refrigerator (2 to 8C), and keep away from children.
Melphalan, the active component in Alkacel pills, is a 5mg dose. In particular, multiple myeloma and ovarian cancer are two cancers that are treated with the chemotherapeutic drug melphalan, an alkylating agent. It stops the growth and proliferation of cancer cells by causing DNA damage to those cells. Usually, Alkacel is taken in conjunction with other therapies to treat cancer. The precise type and stage of the cancer, as well as the patient's general health, will determine the dosage and treatment strategy. Alkacel, like other chemotherapy medications, may induce adverse effects, and ongoing medical supervision is required to control and minimise these effects while maximising the efficacy of the therapy. When using Alkacel Melphalan 5 mg tablets, it is crucial to adhere to the recommendations and prescription of a licenced healthcare provider.
1. Melphalan, an alkylating agent used in chemotherapy, is the active ingredient found in Alkacel Melphalan 5 mg Tablets.
2. Cancer Treatment: Multiple myeloma and ovarian cancer are two cancers that melphalan is primarily used to treat.
1. Melphalan has an anti-cancer effect by disrupting cancer cells' DNA, which causes the cells to die or stop growing.
2. Multiple Myeloma Treatment: Melphalan is frequently used in multiple myeloma as part of a conditioning programme for bone marrow transplantation.
3. Ovarian cancer treatment: Melphalan can be taken in addition to other drugs to treat ovarian cancer.
4. Melphalan has the potential to induce remission in cancer patients by shrinking tumours and slowing the spread of the disease.
It is crucial to remember that precise details on Alkacel Melphalan 5 mg Tablets should be obtained from the original prescribing information or by speaking with a licenced healthcare provider. When using any drug, always heed the advice and prescription of your doctor. Do not be afraid to ask about the characteristics, advantages, and potential side effects of any prescribed medication.
Melphalan is used for:
Alkylating agent and chemotherapeutic drug melphalan is used to treat a number of cancer types, including:
1. Melphalan is frequently prescribed to individuals with multiple myeloma as part of a conditioning programme prior to a bone marrow transplant.
2. As part of a therapy plan for ovarian cancer, it may be taken in addition to other drugs.
3. Melphalan is a drug that can be used to treat certain lymphomas and sarcomas, in addition to other cancers.
Melphalan side effects include:
As with all chemotherapy drugs, Melphalan can cause side effects. Common side effects may include:
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Diarrhea or Constipation
- Loss of Appetite
- Fatigue or Weakness
- Hair Loss (Alopecia)
- Low Blood Cell Counts (Anemia, Neutropenia, Thrombocytopenia)
- Increased Risk of Infections
- Mouth Sores (Mucositis)
- Skin Rash or Itching
- Elevated Liver Enzymes
These side effects are usually temporary and improve after the completion of treatment. Your healthcare provider will closely monitor you during treatment to manage any side effects and ensure the best possible outcome.
Alkacel Melphalan 5 mg Tablets specific information can be found in the official prescribing information or by speaking with a licenced healthcare provider. When using any drug, always follow the instructions and prescription provided by your healthcare practitioner, and don't be afraid to ask them about the purposes, side effects, and potential hazards of any prescribed medication.
- Delhi, Mumbai
- Letter of Credit (L/C) Paypal Western Union Letter of Credit at Sight (Sight L/C) Telegraphic Transfer (T/T) Cash in Advance (CID) Cheque Cash Advance (CA)
- 10000 Per Month
- 7 Days
- Per Box 25 Tablets
- Australia North America Eastern Europe Western Europe Africa Middle East South America Asia Central America
- All India